Tuesday 2 April 2019

Learning Aim C

Joseph Simmons
31 St Aiden’s Terrace
Houghton Le Spring
County Durham
DH4 4LZ
07917 841033
I am an eighteen year old media student, with a passion for new experiences and meeting new people.  I am a driven young person with an outgoing personality and with my previous work experience, I understand the work environment and the importance of professionalism.
I feel I could add value to your business by providing excellent customer service and I am keen to learn more about the restaurant industry.

Work Experience
Support Assistant
BPP Visual – Washington
September 2015 – Present
My work responsibilities at BPP include tasks such as making and receiving calls to potential, as well as established clients.  I have developed good interpersonal relationships with clients and partners, whilst arranging and receiving deliveries.  I am personally responsible for receiving valuable stock and carry out stock takes to reconcile against the database.  I also carry out any other task that the Directors ask of me

Education
Sunderland College – Bede Campus
BTEC Level 2 in Media Studies
Sept 2017 – June 2019 – Predicted grade, Merit
Internet Safety Award

Oxclose Community Academy
9 GCSE’s Grades A-C
2012 – 2017
GCSE’s in English Language, English Literature, Science, Additional Science, Art, Media Studies, Business Studies, ICT, Citizenship

Additional Information
I am competent in all Microsoft office packages and can pick up new software/CRM systems easily.  Whilst at College I have completed a short course in Internet Safety.
I am currently learning to drive.
I enjoy socializing, listening to music and walking my dog.

Future Job Prospects in Media Studies  
I have found I most enjoy radio presenting and editing in while at Sunderland College. Therefore, I would only consider a job in or around the general area of radio presenting or directing. As well as this I would consider future work in editing, such as Photoshop or Premier Pro, as I have found that I have a deep knowledge of these software’s and programs.

Radio Presenting 
Certain quality traits and a certain skill set are needed: for example, confidence, this is something that is essential to this role, speaking in front of people and putting your own work into the world for people to judge is difficult to even the most self confident individuals, time management, this is possibly the most important trait if not the, this is due to the job being so time orientated, if you miss a deadline or are late to the job hundreds or even thousands of people could be disappointed and have a right to complain. The adverts and time gaps need to be tamed perfectly enough to flow as a single show, preparation, shows need to be written and prepared for within suitable content, it is essential to making the show enjoyable and to make people more likely to listen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily's

22nd May  On day one of shooting I drafted up a list of tasks that needed to be completed, this list will be followed during the whole of...